How to Sell
Nye & Company takes care of the details, large and small:
Custom Proposal – when property is consigned to auction, purchased outright or brokered privately, we can provide a tailored proposal.
Distribution of Property – We work with Movin’ on Up, a professional moving company specializing in antiques and fine art, to make arrangements and administer the packing and shipping of a single item or an entire estate anywhere in the United States.
Disposition of Non-Saleable Items – we can arrange for the appropriate donation or disposal of non-saleable items.
We Understand the Importance of Prompt Closure – and ensure settlement 35 days after the sale.
Monthly auctions are well attended by antique dealers, collectors, decorators and homeowners. Extensive advertising and our online presence attracts additional bidders by phone and email.
Every object offered for sale is photographed and listed in our full-color online catalog. We place photo-illustrated advertisements in art and antiques publications that reach buyers and collectors throughout the United States and the world. In advance of each sale, direct mail is sent to as many as 5,000 customers and multiple emails are sent to another 4000 announcing the upcoming sale. Unique, specialized promotional campaigns are designed for celebrity auctions.
All auction items are on view for prospective buyers from the greater New York and Philadelphia areas to see during the public exhibitions scheduled for up to two weeks prior to the sale. Attractive room settings are created in our 25,000 square foot gallery, jewelry and silver are showcased and art is hung on the walls – enhancing the appeal of the each item.
Special auctions are held as needed to emphasize a collection or renowned estate.
We are always interested in selling
- Buccellati, Gorham, Tiffany & Co., Whiting, E.F. Caldwell, and any sterling silver
- Waterford, Steuben, Baccarat, Hermes, Tiffany & Co., Daum, or other art glass
- 19th Century or earlier furniture, or Baker and high end furniture
- Gold and sterling silver jewelry
- Picasso, Miro, Cocteau, Morisot, Kees Van Dongen, Manet, Calder, Pascin, Arbit Blatas, Millet, Renoir, Boudin, Theophile Alexandre Steinlen, Paul-Cesar Helleu, Signac, Cassatt, Vuillard, Georges Morren, Vincenzo Irolli, Jacobsen, and other signed paintings and etchings
- 19th and 20th Century handwoven rugs
- 19th Century or earlier Asian or Ethnographic articles
- 18th century guns and weaponry