Buying & Selling
Bidding takes place through Liveauctioneers and Invaluable. In additional we have a live auction, and we accept phone bids and absentee bids. Please fax (973-743-0493) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) your completed forms back to us to complete the bidder registration.
We accept four forms of payment. You can pay when you come to pickup, or before you’ve made shipping arrangements.
1. American Express, Visa and Mastercard, you may call us at 973-984-6900 to pay over the phone.
2. And finally, checks and money orders can be mailed to us at 20 Beach Street, Bloomfield, NJ 07003.
3. We also take cash and wire transfer, please email for wire transfer information
4. You can pay through your Liveauctioneers or Invaluable invoice.
Congratulations on your successful bid with Nye and Company Auctioneers. Below are the instructions for shipping and picking up. Please read the below VERY CAREFULLY.
- When picking up items, please bring the proper packing materials (boxes, paper, bubble wrap, tape, etc.). We DO NOT provide packing materials.
- Please bring the proper assistance you need to pack and bring all your items, including oversized items and furniture.
- We are open for pick-ups from 10AM – 4PM Mon- Fri. No Exceptions.
- We are located at 20 Beach St, Bloomfield, NJ 07003
Regard to shipping:
- We ship in-house packing and shipping VIA Fed Ex, exclusively. We can ship small items such as plates, figurines, jewelry, small hanging art, etc.
- WE DO NOT SHIP FURNITURE. This includes chairs, tables, desks, bookcases, trunks, etc.
- Expect to receive a quote from our shipping department within a few days or possible two to three weeks after the auction. You’ll receive this quote VIA email. Our prices are very reasonable; however, it may take a bit longer to receive your items. Please keep this in mind.
- If time is of the essence or you would like an expedited delivery, please see the list below to arrange with a 3rd party.
- All shipping inquiries could be sent to email@example.com
Your best bet for ALL UNIQUE SIZED ITEMS is the two local UPS Stores we use.
718-707-9548 or firstname.lastname@example.org- Chinese and English speaking
973-669-8180 or email@example.com
917-658-5075 – Fine Art Shippers or firstname.lastname@example.org – They generally handle large items and can quote over the phone and speak Russian.
- All in house shipping is performed VIA FedEx Home Delivery which requires a residential address. All items will be sent fully insured. We cannot ship in house to P.O. Boxes. All packages will be sent with a Signature requirement.
- We are not responsible for any damage caused during shipping or as result of packing or handling.
- We pack and ship items “As Is”. Alterations to the piece, including frame removal or removal of select items, may be performed at an extra charge.
- In House Shipping is offered as a service, we reserve the right to refuse to ship any items.
- Also, please be aware of the price of the item and realize that the shipping may be more than the item itself (Example: a $20 tea service set of 40 pieces you win at auction will be wrapped to our standards and a shipping price would cost over $100). Please be aware of this before bidding on small and inexpensive items.
- All shipping quotes are final.
- See the List below for our Trusted Shippers if you need a quote on large Items/furniture or if you would like an ASAP delivery
*Nye & Company are not affiliated with any of the above or below referenced companies/people. They are people local to our area who we have used successfully in the past. All transactions and responsibility would be handled by them, if you are choosing to use their services.
COURIERS & SHIPPER REFERRALS
BEST WAY TO RECEIVE QUOTES:
Email the shipper pictures of the pieces needing delivery, with the dimensions and relevant info.
|LOCAL UPS AND SHIPPING STORES|
|UPS Store-West Orange
|Pack Ship N More
|UPS Store-Sunnyside, NY
*Does a lot of international shipments, especially Asia*
|Rent-a-Helper Moving & More (FORMERLY Handy Moving Guys)
Contact: Richard Chavez
Local NJ deliveries and NYC.
|Dan’s Delivery Service
Contact: Dan Hewson
Local NJ deliveries. **Does not go into NYC**
$75.00 per hour, less for one man. Based out of Montclair, NJ.
|Three Little Men, DAKS Global: Auction Shipping Services
DAKS Global Logistics
Local NJ deliveries and NYC. Based out of West Orange, NJ.
|EAST COAST DELIVERIES FOR BUYERS|
2 Holman Street
Glens Falls, NY 12801
Services everywhere east of Mississippi – and Florida
|Outward Bound Courier Logistics
Contact: Alan Anderson
Services most of U.S.A. – Our #1 Recommended Shipper – Based out of Sheffield, MA.
|USA CROSS-COUNTRY DELIVERIES|
|Sure Express Worldwide
Specializing in furniture, sculptures & art work
US clients call 1-800-335-9996
International clients call 207-797-3096
International Freight: 207-797-3096
Or e-mail email@example.com
|Billy Mac Delivery
New Hope, PA
Delivers cross country
Based out of Kingsport, New York.
|Purdy Crating–Owner: Rick Purdy
120 Brighton Road, Unit 4
Clifton, NJ 07012
|Elite Export Cargo Services
Contact: Craig B. Haber
*Specializes in International shipments, small and large. Based out of Brooklyn, NY 11223.
|Racine Berkow Associates, Inc.
International Fine Art Transport
34-24 Hunters Point Avenue
Long Island City, NY 11101
(Lots of work in the Tri-State and between Boston and DC
|FINE ART CRATING SERVICES|
Worldwide Fine Art Handling Services
Contact: Fred Wyse
1-718-472-5784 NYC Office
Contact: Elizabeth Stevens
Specializes in fine art crating, shipping and installation. Based out of Carlstadt, NJ.
Delivers anywhere in the U.S.